New York is a state with an immense amount of outdoor recreation opportunities, including snowmobiling. It may or may not surprise you to know that over 80% of the snowmobile trails in the state are located on private lands. It is through the generosity of the private landowner that the snowmobile trail systems exist.
For over 40 years dedicated club members have been working with landowners to build this relationship, please do not destroy what these members have worked so hard to build. SLOW DOWN when going by homes, STAY ON THE TRAIL, and live by the rules below when using thier property. We'd also like to say thank you to all the landowners who make our sport possible.
1. If you open it, CLOSE IT
2. If you turn it on, TURN IT OFF.
3. If you unlock it, LOCK IT.
4. If you break it, FIX IT.
5. If you can't fix it, CALL SOMEONE WHO CAN.
6. If you borrow it, RETURN IT.
7. If you use it, TAKE CARE OF IT.
8. If you make a mess, CLEAN IT UP.
9. If you move it, PUT IT BACK.
10. If it belongs to someone else, GET PERMISSION TO USE IT.
11. If you don't know how to operate it, DON'T TOUCH IT.
12. If it doesn't concern you, DON'T MESS WITH IT.